Today is the 1st of October 2020, where the leaves on the trees have started to turn into all different hues of yellows, reds and oranges, pumpkins are everywhere, and apples taste better than any other time of year.
But the month of October is known for several other things too. A few are listed below:
- Autism Awareness month in Canada
- Down Syndrome Awareness month in the US
- National Spina Bifida Awareness month in the US
- Rett Syndrome Awareness month worldwide
- And October 7th is World Cerebral Palsy day worldwide
Many in the world have someone they know affected by these diagnoses. And many thoughts can be negative on the outcome or purpose of one’s life affected by these.
As a mom of a son with a diagnosis of Down Syndrome, our family has been blessed with him showing us a lot of silliness, a lot of patience, a lot of love, and a lot of forgiveness. He may not hit all the milestones at the same time as his peers, he may need more practice to learn a skill, and he may not grow to 6’ 5”, but what he teaches us outweighs any of that.
He was created with a plan and for a purpose and we are blessed to be a part of this journey with him!
- Who do you know that has been affected by a disability?
- How have they blessed your life?
- How can you show inclusion and care for special needs families?
Thank you for being on this journey with us, shedding a different light on disabilities!
1 Cor 12:22-27